Watch the February Membership Meeting
On February 17, the Santa Monica Democratic Club held our annual Executive Board election, chaired by Senator Ben Allen. We heard presentations from both our Legislative Committee and Diversity & Inclusion Committee. And we heard from Senator Ben Allen and SMC Boardmember Barry Snell. And those are just the highlights!
In case you missed it, the whole meeting is available on YouTube to watch at your convenience:
Here are some more of the highlights from last night’s meeting:
– We passed a resolution standing with the workers at Le Merigot Hotel.
– We voted to formally oppose recall efforts against Governor Gavin Newsom.
– We voted to send Jon Katz, Domi Piturro, and Ericka Lesley as our delegation to the Westside Democratic HQ.
– We held a straw poll vote to informally indicate support for Santa Monica’s prompt implementation of “hero pay” for grocery workers, as proposed by City Council.
– We voted to approve the following SMDC Executive Board for a term of one year:
President – Jon Katz
VP Political Action – Domi Piturro
VP Membership – Michael Soloff
VP Programs – Janine Bush
VP Communications – Rana Kirkland
Treasurer – Ed Hunsaker
Recording Secretary – Amy Bishop Dunbar
At Large Board Members:
Catch up any time: